Calendar of Events
GOCSD exists to serve member districts by promoting collaboration of resources to ensure educational opportunities are maximized.
To schedule professional learning, contact Cindy Bryant here.
Tuesday-Wednesday, July 14-15, 2020
GOCSD Conscious Discipline Event
Presented by Jill Molli, Conscious Discipline Master Instructor
Jill has a B.A. in Elementary Education and a master’s degree in Counseling. She possess the gift of delivering the important message of Dr. Becky Bailey’s Conscious Discipline with humor, which makes for a wonderful learning experience. Jill was selected as a Master Instructor because of her no-nonsense ability to get to the heart of a situation and her commitment to living Conscious Discipline principles at school and at home.
9:00a – 3:30p Daily
Day 1 (7.14.20) – Conscious Brain State Model
- How the brain learns to self-regulate
- How to literally “wire” children for self-control
- The Conscious Discipline Brain State Model, which allows you to understand and effectively respond to behavior
Day 2 (7.15.20) – Seven Powers for Conscious Adults (Safety)
- How to move past your own “triggers” or hot buttons
- How to base your classroom on safety and use the language of safety
- How we unconsciously give our power away to students creating competitive classrooms and perpetuating behaviors of victims and bullies
Cost for this two-day summer event:
GOCSD Member & Southwest Center Member Partners Individual Registration Fee $150 (includes lunch 7/14 & 7/15 days)
GOCSD Non-member Individual Registration Fee $200 (includes lunch 7/14 & 7/15 days)
Substitutions encouraged; no refunds.
August 5 & 6, 2020
GOCSD is once again partnering with Solution Tree to offer this high quality professional learning opportunity. Join us for this two day event which will focus on Collaborative Common Assessment and RTI. Each presenter will also include a PLC summary/overview during the first part of their session on day one, which will merit day one running an hour longer than day two.